Knix Wear is looking for an Operations Director to join our growing team. The role requires a careful balance of analytical and business skills to drive operational excellence. You sweat the details, are critical when it comes to best in class service and are interested in a role that is ever evolving like the company itself.
A highly energetic professional, you will be working in a fast-paced environment, where self-motivation and a targets-driven mentality are a must. This is a management role in the operations team, and as a brand ambassador for Knix Wear you will be passionate about the brand and our goals. You will need the ability to think creatively and have the confidence to express your ideas.
- Ability to plan long term and globally while reacting within the hour, locally.
- Coordinating and executing best practice e-commerce operations from first contact through to fulfillment and follow up.
- Analysing internal and external data, and gathering market information. Help identify process improvement opportunities across the operational side of the business.
- Help plan, budget and forecast against growth.
- Seek out new 3rd party partners that can help us improve our business, examples might be a new warehouse RFP in a foreign country, an ecofriendly packaging supplier or a KPI dashboard software.
- Oversee the Customer Experience Manager and ensure that we are delighting customers and honing data and insights to help shape the future of the business.
- Work closely with the CEO to identify and resolve operational issues and constraints ensuring business success and growth.
- Develop integrated weekly reporting on the operating metrics
- Ask yourself daily “what could we be doing better?“
- Manage two direct reports: the Operations Manager who is responsible for our 3PL and freight logistics as well as the Customer Experience Manager who oversees the customer journey and Customer Empowerment team.
- Ensure team members have clear achievable goals, adequate resources and are held accountable.
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years post-undergrad work experience in operations and/or management consulting
- Solid operational skills including, problem solving, project management, and the ability to work and deliver projects independently, proactively and under pressure
- MBA is an asset
- Top academic and on the job performer
- Commitment to accuracy, attention to detail and follow-through
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong excel skills and experience working with data
- Curious – always questioning, always probing, and never blindly accepting
- A sense of humor (really)
- 2+ years of experience managing operations for an e-commerce or physical products startup
- Experience with Shopify
- Experience launching a brand internationally
- Experience working with 3PL and ERP systems
Think you fit with knix? Please send cover letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject line “JOBS: Operations Director”