I’m entering my first year of nursing, and I’m super excited to finally launch my nursing career! However, one of the things I’m worried about is finding the best underwear to wear under scrubs. I’ve talked to some peers - doctors, too! - and they’ve all said how tough it is to find comfortable bras and underwear that you can wear all day and night and that don’t show through your scrubs. A friend recommended Knixwear, so I’d love to know: are your bras and underwear good for nurses and doctors?
Thanks for reaching out. We’re super excited for your new nursing career, too! And we love your question. Our founder Joanna’s mom is a doctor, and she’s a huge driving force behind Knixwear: she’s the one who told Joanna about postpartum leaking and how many women experience it. So when we set out to make the best leakproof underwear, we definitely had doctors in mind.
We actually think our underwear and bras are perfect for nurses and doctors. Here’s why:
- When you’re working long hours, having comfortable underwear is key. Both our Longevity and Evolution bras were designed to be the most comfortable bra you’ll ever own, so you can work through those endless shifts free of neck and back pain and without needing to adjust. Not sure which one to choose? The Longevity feels more like a sports bra, with a soft and stretchy structure and long crop. It’s ideal for smaller bust sizes or women looking for a bralette-type fit. Looking for more support? Go with our Evolution, which uses molded construction to mimic your body’s natural shape and lift - no underwire necessary.
- Nurses and doctors are some of the hardest working professionals we know. Our insanely smart sweat-wicking technology uses all-natural materials to make sure that our underwear and bras keep your hard-working body dry. Our sweatproof Athletic Underwear is a great pick for long shifts: not only do these use 4-way stretch fabric that moves with your body and holds its shape, they also wick sweat away and dry in a flash. Bonus: the odor-killing tech we’ve put in all of our gussets means these underwear stay fresh even through all-nighters.
- Speaking of all-nighters: we’re assuming that you don’t get a break from surgery to go change your tampon? Keep a pair or two of our leakproof period underwear on hand and you won’t have to worry about leaks or stains during shifts when you can’t sneak away to the bathroom.
- Since scrubs aren’t the most forgiving, you can count on our seamless underwear to stay hidden, even under light-colored fabrics. These won’t show when you are bending over patients, and we can promise that panty lines will be a thing of the past.
- And the final bonus: all of our underwear and bras are machine washable, so you don’t have to spend your valuable free time hand-laundering your dainties. You have more important things to do, like saving actual lives.
So, yeah - we think we make some pretty great underwear for nurses. But you’re clearly a smart cookie, so we’ll let the products speak for themselves. Here’s what a recent happy customer - a nurse! - had to say about her Knixwear:
As a nurse, I am endlessly on the lookout for comfortable, supportive (but not necessarily underwire) bras for my 12-hour night shifts, and the Knixwear Evolution has so much potential! It has thicker straps & band, light-as-air but still supportive fabric, and NO FRICKIN UNDERWIRE 😊
And there you have it! Try a pair on us, and let us know what you think - we can't wait to hear from you.